Top 401k Mutual FundsT. Rowe Price is an American publicly asset management firm. It manages more than $738 billion of investment assets. As one of the largest players in 401(k) plans, T. Rowe Price provides lot of high rated mutual funds for your 401k account.
These top T. Rowe Price mutual funds carry extraordinarily low expense ratios. Low fees aside, we wondered how good these funds really are, so we analyzed them. These top funds are listed among the best funds for your retirement account. They also may be listed as the best funds by Morningstar, Lipper, Forbes, US News, Kiplinger, and others.
T. Rowe Price’s best 401k funds are:
- T. Rowe Price Blue Chip Growth Fund (TRBCX)
- T. Rowe Price Balanced Fund (RPBAX)
- T. Rowe Price International Discovery Fund (PRIDX)
- T. Rowe Price Mid-Cap Growth Fund (RPMGX)
- T. Rowe Price New Horizons Fund (PRNHX)
- T. Rowe Price Retirement 2015 (TRRGX)
- T. Rowe Price Small-Cap Stock Fund (OTCFX)
- T. Rowe Price Spectrum Income Fund (RPSIX)
- T. Rowe Price Tax-Free Income Fund (PRTAX)
T. Rowe Price Mid-Cap Growth Fund (RPMGX)T. Rowe Price Mid-Cap Growth Fund is managed by Brian W.H. Berghuis since 1992. This mutual fund is limited to new investors. You can still invest if you have this fund selection in your 401k plan. This fund invests mainly in common stocks of mid-cap companies whose earnings T. Rowe Price expects to grow at a faster rate than the average company. There is no dividend yield now. Its expense fee is 0.77%
Morningstar has ranked this stock fund with 5 stars rating and gold rating. This top fund has returned 12.87 percent over the past 1 year, 20.16 percent over the past 3 years, and 15.57 percent over the past 5 years.
Top 5 stocks in its assets are Fiserv Inc, Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd, CarMax Inc, IHS Inc Class A, and Textron Inc.
T. Rowe Price New Horizons Fund (PRNHX)T. Rowe Price New Horizons Fund invests mainly in a diversified group of small, emerging growth companies, preferably early in their corporate life cycle. The fund manager is Henry M. Ellenbogen since 2010. It has $14.9 billion of assets. Its expense fee is 0.79%.
Ranked with 5 stars rating by Morningstar, it has a 3 years annualized return of 20.18%. The past 5 years performance is as follows:
- Year 2015: 5.50% (YTD)
- Year 2014: 6.10%
- Year 2013: 49.11%
- Year 2012: 16.20%
- Year 2011: 6.63%
T. Rowe Price Retirement 2015 Fund (TRRGX)T. Rowe Price Retirement 2015 Fund has a dividend yield of 1.80%. With assets of $9.5 billion, it has a low expense ratio fee of 0.62%. The portfolio turnover rate is 14%. This target fund invests in stocks and bonds. In 2015, it has year to date return of 1.04%.
The top 5 funds in its portfolio are
- T. Rowe Price New Income Fund
- T. Rowe Price Equity Index 500 Fund
- T. Rowe Price Limited Duration Inflation Focus Bond Fund
- T. Rowe Price International Growth & Income Fund
- T. Rowe Price Overseas Stock Fund