Top Fidelity FundsFidelity Investments is one of the largest asset management firms in the world. It manages more than $2 trillion of investment assets. As one of the largest players in 401(k) plans, Fidelity also has lot of high rated mutual funds for your 401k account.
As described in my part 1 article, these best Fidelity’s mutual funds for your retirement account are selected based on its management, popularity & performance for the past decade. Some of these funds are ranked among the best in their category. They are also being recognized by popular financial magazine such as US News, Barron, Forbes, Morningstar, etc.
Fidelity’s best 401k funds are:
- Fidelity Contrafund (FCNTX)
- Fidelity Balanced Fund (FBALX)
- Fidelity International Discovery Fund (FIGRX)
- Fidelity Low-Priced Stock Fund (FLPSX)
- Fidelity Puritan Fund (FPURX)
- Fidelity Total Bond Fund (FTBFX)
- Fidelity Blue Chip Growth Fund (FBGRX)
- Fidelity Spartan International Index Fund Investor (FSIIX)
- Fidelity Capital & Income Fund (FAGIX)
More: Vanguard’s Best 401k Funds
As one of Fidelity’s best 401k funds, this equity fund has returned 13.66% over the past three years, 14.26% over the past five years and 8.48% over the past decade. In 2015, it has year to date return of -0.27%.
As of September 2015, the top 5 stocks in its portfolio are UnitedHealth Group Inc, Next PLC, Seagate Technology PLC, Microsoft Corp, and Best Buy Co Inc. Top 3 sectors are consumer cyclical, technology, and financial services.
More: Best 401k Funds For 2015 & 2016
This best 401k fund is ranked with 5 stars and bronze rating by Morningstar. In 2015, it has year-to-date return of -0.90%. This top mutual fund has returned 9.52% over the past 3 years, and 10.51% over the past 5 years.
The top 5 holdings are:
- High Yield Debt Securities Directly Held
- Apple Inc
- Google Inc Class C Capital Stock
- Allergan PLC
- Visa Inc Class A
Morningstar has ranked this fixed income fund with gold rating. As one of the Fidelity’s best 401k funds, it has a 3 year average return of 2.18%.
- Fidelity’s Best 401k Funds
- Fidelity’s Best 401k Funds: Part 3