This John Hancock fund’s investment objective is to provide a high level of after-tax total return from dividend income and capital appreciation. The fund managers are Gregory K. Phelps, Harindra de Silva, Gregory McMurran, Dennis Bein, and Joseph H. Bozoyan. This fund has a high dividend yield of 7.50%.
This equity fund has an expense fee of 1.55%. With assets of 1.2 billion, the fund sponsor is John Hancock Advisers LLC. The fund market price is trading 11.05% discount from its net asset value (NAV). This creates opportunity for value investor to invest in this fund.
HTD Fund Profile
- Fund Inception Date: 02/27/2004
- Ticker Symbol: HTD
- CUSIP: 41013V100
- Rank in category (YTD): 100%
- Category: US Stock - Equity Tax-Advantaged
- Distribution Rate: 7.50%
- Effective Leverage: 32.78%
- Capital Gains: -
- Base Expense Ratio: 1.21%
- Net Assets: $ 1.24 billion
- Annual Turnover Rate: 7.00%
Fund ReturnsIn 2015, this fund has a year to date return of -7.98%. It has returned 7.85% over the past 3 year, and 12.91% over the past 5 year. Morningstar has not ranked this John Hancock Tax-Advantaged Dividend Income Fund. Fund performance is as follows:
- Year 2014: 30.82%
- Year 2013: 8.33%
- Year 2012: 11.100
- Year 2011: 24.88%
- Year 2010: 24.85%
More: Top 8 Tax Advantaged Stock Closed End Funds In 2015
- This John Hancock Tax-Advantaged Dividend Income Fund has a high yield for income.
- In 2015, its performance has been lagging.
- This fund uses leverage and may have higher risks than other non-leverage funds.
Fund infoIt uses the following investment philosophy:
- It provide income emphasis by investing in dividend paying securities
- It also uses tax conscious approach. This John Hancock fund is targeting securities paying dividends that typically qualify for a more favorable long-term capital gains tax rate.
- It provides utilities exposure. This closed end fund emphasizes preferred and common securities in the high-dividend-paying utilities sector.