The fund objective is to provide current income that is exempt from federal personal income taxes, with limited price volatility. It has a tax free yield of 0.70%.
VWSTX Fund Profile
- Fund Inception Date: 09/01/1977
- Ticker Symbol: VWSTX
- CUSIP: 922907100
- Beta (3yr): 0.07
- Rank in category (YTD): 80%
- Category: Muni National Short
- Distribution Yield: 0.70%
- Capital Gains: -
- Expense Ratio: 0.20%
- Net Assets: $ 12.70 billion
- Number of Years Up: 37 years
- Number of Years Down: 0 years
- Annual Turnover Rate: 27%
Vanguard Short-Term Tax-Exempt Fund ReturnMorningstar has ranked this fund with 2 star & silver rating. In 2014, the total return is only 0.65%. The average 3 year return is 0.65%. This short term municipal bond fund has returned 0.89% over the past 5 year, and 2.06% over the past 10 year. The best 1 year total return was occurred in 2000 with return of 4.91%.
More: Best Municipal Bond Mutual Funds 2014
You can buy this fund for your regular brokerage & individual retirement account (IRA). The initial funding is $3,000. Additional investment can be done with as little as $1. There are 78 brokerages offer this muni bond fund.
Top 5 bond sectors are State and Local General Obligation, Transportation, Education, Health, and Water & Sewer. There are 1641 bonds in its portfolio. The average coupon is 2.4%. The fund has an average duration of 1 year.
More: Vanguard Funds
- This Vanguard Short-Term Tax-Exempt Fund has a low expense fee.
- The income from the yield is tax free from federal tax rate.
- Its performance is not great due to short term bond fund.