Known for its index mutual fund, Vanguard also provides vast selections of index ETFs for investors.
Vanguard Dividend Appreciation ETF seeks to track the performance of the NASDAQ US Dividend Achievers Select Index (formerly known as the Dividend Achievers Select Index). It invests in stocks of companies with a record of growing their dividends year over year. The fund is passively managed by manager.
VIG Fund Details
- Fund Inception Date: 04/21/2006
- Ticker Symbol: VIG
- CUSIP: 921908844
- Rank in category (2014): 75%
- Category: Large Blend
- Yield: 2.01%
- Capital Gains: -
- Expense Ratio: 0.09%
- Total Assets: $ 24.00 billion
- Annual Turnover Rate: 3%
updated May 2017
Vanguard Dividend Appreciation ETF PerformanceMorningstar has ranked this Vanguard Dividend Appreciation ETF with 3 star rating. In 2014, it has total return of 10.08%. This index ETF has returned 14.81% over the past 3 year, and 14.70% over the past 5 year.
You can buy this ETF with as little as 1 share from your brokerage. The current share price is $80.98. Some brokerage may offer free commission to buy this ETF. You can also invest in other classes of this fund through mutual fund. Other classes of this fund are:
- Vanguard Dividend Appreciation Index Fund Investor Shares (VDAIX)
- Vanguard Dividend Appreciation Index Fund Admiral Shares (VDADX)
More: Top Performing Large Blend ETFs 2014
Vanguard Fund Pros & ConsPros:
- This Vanguard ETF provide high yield for income.
- It also has a low expense fee.