This commodity ETF is originally listed on the New York Stock Exchange in November of 2004. It is traded on NYSE Arca since December 13, 2007. SPDR Gold Shares is the largest physically backed gold exchange traded fund (ETF) in the world.
GLD Fund Profile
- Fund Inception Date: 11/18/2004
- Ticker Symbol: GLD
- CUSIP: 78463V107
- Rank in category (YTD): 23%
- Category: Commodities Precious Metals
- Yield: 0.00%
- Capital Gains: -
- Expense Ratio: 0.40%
- Total Assets: $ 34.49 billion
- Annual Turnover Rate: 0%
updated May 2017
SPDR Gold Shares InformationThis precious metals ETF has no yield. The current expense ratio fee is 0.40% per year. The trust holds gold, and is expected to issue baskets in exchange for deposits of gold, and to distribute gold in connection with redemption of baskets.
The total net assets are $28.46 billion.
Morningstar hasn’t ranked this ETF yet. In 2014, the year to date return is -3.45%. This SPDR Gold Shares ETF has returned -10.84% over the past 3 year, 1.26% over the past 5 year, and 10.51% over the past 10 year. This gold fund performance for the past 5 years:
More: Best Performing Gold Mutual Funds 2014
- Using this ETF, investor can invest in gold bullion easily.
- SPDR Gold Shares can be used as an alternative option to invest in gold commodity.
- Cost is a bit expensive