CSQ Fund Profile
- Fund Inception Date: 03/26/2004
- Ticker Symbol: CSQ
- CUSIP: 128125101
- Rank in category (YTD): 25%
- Category: U.S Stock - Growth & Income
- Distribution Rate: 8.56%
- Effective Leverage: 26.84%
- Capital Gains: -
- Base Expense Ratio: 1.44%
- Net Assets: $ 2.62 billion
- Annual Turnover Rate: 279%
This market price is trading 7.00% discount to its NAV (Net Asset Value). The total expense fee is 1.79% per year.
Calamos Strategic Total Return Fund ReturnsMorningstar has ranked this U.S. stock fund with 2 stars and neutral rating. In 2014, the year to date return is 17.34%. This closed end fund has returned 13.05% over the past 1 year, 20.60% over the past 3 years, and 11.55% over the past 5 years.
- Year 2013: 20.32%
- Year 2012: 28.04%
- Year 2011: -3.22%
- Year 2010: 13.66%
CSQ HoldingsThis Calamos Strategic Total Return Fund has 252 holdings in its portfolio. Top 6 stocks in its holdings are Apple, Inc., General Electric Co, Wells Fargo & Co, JPMorgan Chase & Co, Citigroup Inc, and Microsoft Corporation. Top 4 asset allocations are general equity (53.80%), convertibles debt (20.76%), corporate bond (16.89%), and convertible preferreds (7.35%).
More: Best Performing Convertible Closed End Funds 2014
- This Calamos Strategic Total Return Fund has a high yield of income for investors.
- The market price is trading at discount to its NAV.
- The expense fee is a bit high.